There are several FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) from our clients, and if you have any other questions, please just feel free to contact us via the “Contact Us Form” by clicking the Send ENQUIRY.
- How may I book a Yangtze River Cruise?
- What is the currency for the Online Booking?
- How far in advance should I book a cruise?
- What is the difference between upstream and downstream sailings?
- If I travel alone, is it possible to make a cruise booking?
- Is there any triple room?
- What are the child rates for the Yangtze River cruise booking?
- What methods of payment are accepted?
- How should I receive the cruise ticket?
- How should I dress on the ship?
- What type of meals are provided onboard?
- What if I have a special dietary request?
- Is there Wi-Fi and Internet on board?
- What is the voltage onboard?
- What activities are included on board when passengers are not on shore excursions?
- Why the optional excursion prices on board are higher than scenic spot admission fee?
- Is there laundry service on board?
- What about tipping on board?
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for Yangtze River Cruises
How may I book a Yangtze River Cruise?
1. You may search and book via the “Book Online Now” button on the navigation bar. All bookings are subject to availability and usually we would confirm your booking within 1 business day.
2. Please submit an Enquiry Form or send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and our cruise experts will contact you by email within 8 business hours. Some special offers might be available from time to time, so please just feel free to contact us!
What is the currency for Online Booking?
US dollars. Our secure online booking payment gateway is PayPal, and you could choose to pay by credit card, such as VISA, MasterCard.
How far in advance should I book a cruise?
We recommend that you book as early as possible to secure your preferred cruise. The Yangtze Cruise trip is very popular, especially in peak seasons. Book early to avoid disappointment!
What is the difference between upstream and downstream sailings?
Upstream and downstream cruises include almost the same sights and excursions. Cruises sailing Chongqing to Yichang are 4 days and 3 nights, while Yichang to Chongqing cruises are 5 days and 4 nights (downstream cruises sail with the current and are a bit faster).
If I travel alone, is it possible to make a cruise booking?
Yes. You can either book half cabin at the quoted price, or guarantee a single room by paying extra 75% as the single supplement. For single share basis — Sharing is permitted in a standard cabin only; the cruise line will pair you with another passenger of the same sex, and the single supplement will not be charged.
Is there any triple room?
For a group with 3 persons, one extra roll-away bed could be added in most cabins except on Victoria Cruise ships.
What are the child rates for the Yangtze River cruise booking?
1. The child rate applies for passengers between 2-11 years old. The passenger of 12 or above years old would be charged at the adult price.
2. Child sharing bed with parent is 50% of the adult price (67% on Victoria Cruises); adding 1 extra bed or occupying 1 adult bed is 75% of adult price. (100% on President Cruises ships; the extra bed is not available on Victoria Cruises)
What methods of payment are accepted?
All payment can be accepted by Pay Pal and bank wire transfer: 1. PayPal, our secure online payment gateway.
2. Credit Cards (via PayPal) including VISA, MasterCard, and etc. 3. Bank Wire Transfer: in US dollar if the travelers are still outside mainland China; in RMB if the travelers are already in mainland China.
How should I receive the cruise ticket?
After the final payment, we would email you the cruise voucher and boarding instructions. You may print out the documents or save them in your mobile devices.
How should I dress on the ship?
Casual attire is recommended both onboard and shore excursions. Be sure to have a pair of comfortable walking shoes for excursions. For the Captain’s Welcome Reception and Farewell Banquet, a jacket and tie for gentlemen and dress or dress pants for ladies is suggested.
What type of meal is provided?
Usually, sumptuous western and Chinese buffets are offered at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. An elegant Captain’s Farewell Banquet is served on the final night of the cruise.
What if I have a special dietary request?
If you have special dietary requirements (such as vegetarian, low sodium, diabetic), please advise us of your needs at the time of booking.
Is there Wi-Fi and Internet on board?
Yes, Wi-Fi and Internet are available on most ships at additional cost. However, on the cruise ships Century Glory, Century Paragon, and Century Legend, complimentary Wi-Fi is provided.
What is the voltage onboard the Yangtze River cruise ship?
220 volts (110 volts in the bathroom). Adapters are available at the front desk (on a first come first served basis).
What activities are included on board when passengers are not on shore excursions?
Among the daytime activities are early morning tai chi, lectures about China and the Yangtze River, acupuncture demonstrations, painting demonstrations, lessons in Chinese language, calligraphy, mahjong. In the evening, guests can enjoy traditional fashion shows and crew performances. Activities may vary on different ships, and you may refer to the daily schedule published on board.
Why the optional excursion prices on board are higher than scenic spot admission fee?
Because the optional excursion not only includes the scenic area admission fee, but also the port taxes, relevant transport, and tour guide service. For security and cruise management issue, passengers who don’t take the optional excursions should stay on board.
Is there laundry service on board the Yangtze River cruise ship?
Yes. On most cruise ships, same-day wash and pressing service is available at additional cost, except on the final day of the cruise.
What about tipping on board?
A modest service charge has been instituted in lieu of tipping, and the current amount is CNY 150 per adult and to be paid upon check-in. The service charge does not include a gratuity to our river guide or cruise director, which may be given at passengers’ discretion based on their satisfaction with services received, as can gratuities for additional special services requested by passengers.